UNIVERSIDAD DE ANDALUCÍA
Ejemplo Prueba de acceso tipo Bachillerato modelo año 2001
Prepared by the members of the "Ponencia Logse"
Rest and relaxation are just as important to our body as exercise and healthy eating. If you dont get enough of them you can make yourself ill. Your body is a bit like a battery. If it is not allowed to recharge itself through sleep and relaxation it may stop working properly. Lack of sleep affects our ability to concentrate. When you dream, your brain may be clearing itself out and preparing itself for the next day's thinking. During your teens, you need at least eight hours' sleep a night. If you stay out late, try to go to bed early the next night. The effects of lack of sleep can build up over several days. When you are awake you make many demands on your mind and body. Your body needs a period of rest to repair itself and prevent it from getting worn out. During sleep, substances called hormones stimulate body tissues to grow and repair themselves. If you have troubles getting to sleep, try reading a book to calm your mind or take some exercise and avoid tea, coffee or food before bedtime. A hot, milky drink may help you relax.
COMPREHENSION (4 points)
ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-2 ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION GIVEN 1N THE TEXT USE YOUR OWN WORDS
ARE THESE STATEMENTS TRUE 0R FALSE? JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWERS WITH WORDS 0R PHRASES FROM THE TEXT
(3) To be healthy, you just need physical exercise and good food. (0, 5 points)
(4) To sleep eight hours every night is enough for a teenager (0, 5 points)
(5) While sleeping, the human organism has no activity. (0, 5 points)
(6) lf you drink a cup of tea before going to bed, you will relax better (0, 5 points)
USE 0F ENGLISH (3 points)
(7) Find in the text one synonym for ABSENCE (noun). (0.25 points)
(8) Find in the text one opposite for ASLEEP (adjective). (0.25 points)
(9) Which word is not a PREPOSITION? (O 25 points)
THROUGH 0F 0R FOR
(10) Give a noun with the same root as PREVENT (verb). (0.25 points)
(11) Turn the following sentence into reported speech: (0.5 points)
Last year, my doctor told me, "Take more exercise if you can't sleep well.".
(12) Turn the following sentence into the passive voice: (0.5 points)
You should avoid tea, coffee, or food before bedtime
(13) Give a question for the underlined words: (0.5 points)
A hot. milky drink may help you relax.
(14) Complete the following sentence: (0.5 points)
If I stopped smoking. . .
PRODUCTION (3 points)
(15) Write a composition (80-100 WORDS). Choose ONE of the following options. Specify your option
Webmaster Isabel Pérez Torres