UNIVERSIDAD DE ANDALUCÍA
Ejemplo Prueba de acceso tipo Bachillerato, modelo año 2001*
Teenagers today live in a very competitive world. It is more important than ever to succeed at school if you hope to have a chance in the job market afterwards. Its no wonder that many young people worry about letting down their parents, their peers and themselves. In trying to please everyone. they take on too many tasks until it becomes harder and harder to balance homework assignments, parties, sports activities and friends. The result is that young people suffer from stress.
There are different ways of dealing with stress. Everyone knows that caffeine, whether it is in the form of coffee or soft drinks, keeps you awake and alert. But caffeine is a drug which can become addictive. In the end, like other drugs. caffeine only leads to more stress. A better way to deal with stress is to exercise: Research has proved that physical exercise is a good release for stress, because it increases certain chemicals in the brain which calm you down. Making sure you get enough sleep is also an important way of avoiding stress and of staying healthy and full of energy.
Another way to avoid stress is by managing your time effectively. It is better to do a few tasks really well, than lots of tasks badly. Know your limits and try not to take on too much. Finally, If it all gets beyond your control, don't panic or get hysterical. Find the time to sit down quietly and breathe deeply for ten to twenty minutes. Do this regularly, and it will help you calm down and put things into perspective.
COMPREHENSION (4 points)
ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-2 ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION GIVEN 1N THE TEXT USE YOUR OWN WORDS
ARE THESE STATEMENTS TRUE 0R FALSE? JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWERS WITH WORDS 0R PHRASES FROM THE TEXT
(3) Nowadays a teenager must have a solid and good
education if he wants to find a good job.(0, 5 points)
(4) Try not to drink too much coffee if you want to relax. (0, 5 points)
(5) A teenager needs very little sleep every night to keep healthy (0, 5 points)
(6) Teenagers are recommended to take on as many tasks as possible regardless of time or personal limitations. (0, 5 points)
USE 0F ENGLISH (3 points)
(7) Find in the text the word that has the
following definition: (0, 25 points)
"The organ of the body which controls thought and feeling."
(8) Find in the text one expression meaning DISAPPOINT (verb). (0, 25 points)
(9) Give one synonym for CHANCE (line 2). (0, 25 points)
(10) Give an adverb with the same root as PHYSICAL (adj). (0, 25 points)
(11) Turn the following sentence into the reported speech (0, 5 points)
He said to his son: "Don't panic or get hysterical."
(12) Rewrite the sentence without changing its meaning. Begin as indicated. (0, 5 points)
If you take on too many tasks, it becomes harder to make time for them all.
The more tasks ...
(13) Join the following sentences using an appropriate linking word (do not use AND or BUT). (0.5 points) Make changes if necessary.
Teenagers today live in a very competitive world. The result is that teenagers suffer from stress.
(14) Fill in the gap with a correct tense. (0.5 points)
If you had exercised regularly, it...................... (help ) you calm down
PRODUCTION (3 points)
(15) Write a composition (80-100 WORDS). Choose ONE of the following options. Specify your option
* Enviada por Mª José Cabezas, aunque desconozco el autor o autora.
Webmaster Isabel Pérez Torres