UNIVERSIDAD DE ANDALUCÍA
Ejemplo Prueba de acceso tipo Bachillerato,
An Activity sent by José Carlos González Martín del CPR de Torrealba
TATTOOS UNDER PRESCRIPTION
the early 1990's on, there has been a tremendous increase in the popularity of
tattoes. However, 75% of the UK people who have tattoos eventually regret it,
according to a study by the British Journal of Dermatology. Laser treatment is
the standard method of tattoo removal which can cost around £1,000.
According to Louis Malloy, the tattoo artist who adorned David Beckham's body, people can reduce the risks of regretting a tattoo later in life. "Plan your tattoo carefully, consider its placement, go to a reputable tattoo artist, follow aftercare instructions and don't go ahead if you are not 100% sure"
Scientists are developing a smart tattoo that could tell diabetics when their glucose levels are dangerously low. A spokesman for the charity British Diabetes said: "People with diabetes need to test their blood glucose levels regularly and for most people this means pricking their finger to draw blood"
This new tattoo is made of fluorescent molecules which will fluorescence if the glucose levels are low. The abdomen or arm would be the most suitable places to have this tattoo and constant exposure to the sun would have to be avoided. Those who don't mind showing discreet pieces of body art will benefit from this new invention.
(A) COMPREHENSION (4 points)
a) ANSWER QUESTIONS
1-2 ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE TEXT. USE YOUR OWN WORDS. (1 point
1) What precautions should one take before getting a tattoo?
2) How will diabetics' life change with the new tattoo?
b) ARE THESE STATEMENTS
TRUE OR FALSE? JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWERS WITH WORDS OR PHRASES FROM THE TEXT. (0.5
points per answer)
3) Tattoes have always been popular.
4) The new tattoo will warn diabetics when their glucose goes down.
5) This new tattoo must not be worn in the arm or abdomen.
6) It is important to follow the tattooist recommendations after getting a tattoo.
(B) USE OF ENGLISH (3 points)
7) Find in the text the
word which has the following definition:
"an organization set up to help those in need" (0.25 points)
8) Find in the text one synonym for INTELLIGENT (adjective) (0.25 points)
9) Turn the following sentence into the active voice. I wasn't informed of the dangers before getting my tattoo. (0.5 points)
10) Turn the following sentence into the reported speech.
He told me: "don't go ahead if you are not 100% sure" (0.5 points)
11) Give a question for the underlined words. The tattoo removal cost £1,000 a month ago. (0.5 points)
12) Complete the following sentence: If you spend too much time sunbathing... (0.5 points)
13) Use these words to make a meaningful sentence.
didn't / they/ let/ a/ get/ tattoo / me (0.5 points)
(C) PRODUCTION (3 points)
14) WRITE A COMPOSITION
(80-100 WORDS). CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS. SPECIFY YOUR OPTION.
a) Would you get a tattoo? Why? Why not?
b) Governments should spend more money on medical research.
Webmaster Isabel Pérez Torres