|WebQuests||My Workshops||The||Web-Based Activities||Web Learning Tube|
|Grammar, Voc. & Culture Exercises||TESL Links||Holidays & other Topics||CLIL/AICLE|
night and the lights are low
You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
You're a teaser, you turn them on
You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only
To print (pdf)
Exercises By Rosabel Cabrerizo and Isabel Pérez
Listen to the song once and tick the words you hear and find the meaning.
Can you make a few sentences with the words?
What do you think the lyrics are about? Have you heard of this band?
|Girl, Boy, Life, Time, Night , Fight, Place, Friday, Day, Music, Young, Old, Low, Sweet, High, Can, Jump, Watch, See, Feel|
2. Listen to the first part of the song again and choose the right word for each blank.
You can dance / chance, you can jive, having the time
of your life
See that girl, watch that scene/ film, diggin' the dancing queen
Friday night and the lights are go /low
Looking out for the place to go /low
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing / king
You come in to look for a swing / king
Anybody could be that guy/buy
Night is young and the music is high/guy
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine/right
Youre in the mood for a dance/chance
And when you get the dance/chance...
*jive // baile de los años cuarenta y cincuenta que se bailaba con musica de jazz o rock
Find the meaning of the following words: mood, beat, tambourine and teaser.
3. Listen to the next part of the song and fill the blanks with the words you hear
You are the dancing queen, __________
and __________, only __________
Dancing queen, __________ the beat from the tambourine
You __________ dance, you __________ jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen
4. Now, listen to this final part of the song and match the sentences.
Youre a teaser, |
2. Leave them burning
3. Looking out for another,
4.Youre in the mood
5 And when you get
anyone will do
5. Listen to the song again and put the words together with the sounds below:
|Jive, Lights, Seventeen, Dance, Fine, Queen, Life, Feel, Chance, High, Guy, Beat, See, Go, Right, Sweet, Night, Time, Tambourine, Low.|
|| || |
6. Watch and enjoy these two videos. In pairs, write at least 5 differences between them. Later in groups of 4 tell your partners which one and why you like best.
|Video A||Video B|
6. Now watch this one and sing
Webmaster Isabel Pérez Torres